vrijdag 28 mei 2010

Poets will write epics about this day.

...Probably not, unless you count me as a poet and this as an epic:

Yay, the holidays
Lots of months of slacking off
Oh wait, the exams.

Haikus are easy. I wonder who designed them. I think it's a gramps.
See what I did there?
Anyway, it about sums the situation I'm in up. Today was the last day of lectures/seminars, so the only things left are the (horrible) exams, and the resits in August, which I hopefully don't have to attend.
Probably this was your last week, too. I saw a lot of comments in open threads that people had about a week of school left, so this may all sound familiar. However, here in the Netherlands is ISN'T. Everyone I know has to go on for at least four weeks before they have exams, so I kinda have way too much free time now. I wonder why only my faculty keeps American standards, Sheesh.

The logical question that follows is of course "What will I do with the ---- free time?" The obvious answer would be to get a job, but seeing that I'm an incredibly lazy person I didn't expect that to happen. My previous job experiences were awful, too.
This made the email dr. Schmidt sent a godsend. She was looking for some people to "code some data" as a summer job. Basically you'll be doing all the "boring stuff" of her research. In other words, this is a great opportunity! I applied immediately, but it turned out there were 10 other applicants, most of which I luckily know. We meet next Monday to discuss things, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote of the week/day/whatever:
"The only person who got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe." -Dr. Schmidt

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Anything on your mind? Did you find this random musing awe-inspiring? Lemme know! It's what comments are for!